July 8 Press Conference Summary
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 3,971 total positive cases, 439 active confirmed cases, 3,447 recovered, 85 deaths, 26 hospitalized
Speakers: Governor Burgum, Michelle Kommer-Commerce Commissioner
Focus: Getting tested assures you that you are safe to be around others
- Please take advantage of multiple testing opportunities.
- Working with health care providers on making sure that people can get a test if they request it.
- If you are denied testing call 866-207-2880 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday
- Email and text message for people with negative test is now available,
- There has been a resurgence of positive COVID-19 tests across the US.
- Almost 70,000 tests completed in the last three weeks
- 14 day rolling average is up to 1.4% positives
- Burleigh County currently has 128 active cases, which is the most in the state
- Locations to get tested
Additional points of note:
- Reviewed federal economic assistance that has been provided.
- $930 million of the $1.25 billion of federal assistance to ND has been allocated to various programs.
- Economic Resiliency Grant (ERG) to be administered by ND Dept of Commerce overview by Michelle Kommer -
- Designed to cover gaps in federal programs and inspire consumer confidence.
- Learn more on Business Briefing call on Thursday at 11:00am
- PPP deadline has been extended to August 8.
- New Executive Order 2020-08.02 reinstates work search and job contact requirements for Unemployment Insurance (UI).
- Additional $600 per week in UI is set to expire July 31.
- ND State Lab is part of an effort to study samples of COVID-19 to learn more about the disease through genetic sequencing.
Next Press Conference on Tuesday at 3:30pm
Link to view