June 10 Press Conference Summary
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 2,941 total positive cases, 386 active confirmed cases, 2,282 recovered, 73 deaths
Speakers: Governor Burgum, Dr. Joan Connell- ND Dept of Health Field Medical Officer
Focus: Underlying health conditions make all people more vulnerable to COVID
- Deaths from COVID-19 - 14% over 70 years of age 24% over 80 years of age (both groups with underlying conditions).
- If you have multiple underlying conditions, this can make you more vulnerable regardless of your age. This is reason for the VP3 Plan
- Still in top 5 states in the nation in testing. Drop off in demand of people who want to be tested
- Surveillance testing – for asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic testing can help with re-opening.
- City of Fargo holding 2 testing events June 10 & 11 in west parking lot of the Fargodome. Similar events planned for Bismarck, Minot, and Grand Forks soon. If you plan to participate, complete the pre-test questionnaire
- Update on the testing of Long Term Care residents and employees
- Importance of regular immunization for children. Rates have fallen during the pandemic. Immunizations are available at no charge information available on free immunizations
- Difficult to differentiate between flu and COVID without testing. So it is important to get a flu shot
Tuesday will be the weekly briefing going forward.
LINK to VIEW