June 16 Press Conference Summary
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 3,124 total positive cases, 330 active confirmed cases, 2,720 recovered, 74 deaths
Speakers: Governor Burgum
Focus: Risk remains, mass testings, longterm care facilities update
Additional points of note:
- We have built hospital, testing, and contact tracing abilities that leave us in a good position to handle COVID-19.
- ND Dept of Health materials have been translated into 8 different languages for immigrant populations
- Upcoming testing events – complete screening questionnaire
- Fargo testing at the Fargodome every Thursday and Friday for the next 2 weeks
- Bismarck Wednesday, June 17 in the Northwest lot of the Capitol
- Minot on June 19 at the State Fairgrounds
- Grand Forks TBD
- Longterm care
- 19 positive cases in residents in the last 14 days. Zero new cases in 7 of the last 14 days.
- 152 of 218 entities have met the gating criteria to enter the first phase of the Smart Restart for Long Term Care facilities.
- Working on ways safe visitation can occur.
- Augusta Place (Long Term Care facility in Bismarck) will pilot a testing project to test family members who would like to visit family who are residents.
- SBA is re-opening EIDL program portal and introducing EIDL Advance to help businesses with financial needs.
- PPP Flexibility Act passed to offer more flexibility to those who have received PPP. More info available ND Department of Commerce *SPECIAL* Business Briefing- Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act, hosted by Greater North Dakota Chamber
Link to view