May 19 Press Conference Summary
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 1,994 total positive cases, 680 active confirmed cases, 1,269 recovered, 45 deaths
Speakers: Governor Burgum, Kirsten Baesler-Superintendent of Public Instruction, Chris Jones-Executive Director ND Dept of Human Services
Focus: Cass County testing
- Cass County has an incidence of 3 times that of the rest of the state.
- Targeted testing is being done to find positive individuals and get them treatment and/or proper isolation.
- North Dakota is #2 in the nation in testing per capita and recognized as one of the best in the nation in contact tracing,
- 14 day rolling average at is 2.5%, We have had 13 days below the peak of 713 active cases
- Executive Order– changes to requirements for Academic and Career and Tech Education scholarships
- Regular Unemployment Insurance Claims: 79,300 total
- Pandemic Unemployment Insurance (PAU) 12,564 total
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (UEC) 13,350 total
- The April unemployment rate is 9.2% up from 6.5% in March.
- Largest decline in employment was 52% in Food and Lodging
- 2, 400 people have gone back to work and are no longer collecting UI.
- Employers need to review UI claim letters they receive to ensure that there are no fraudulent claims
- Discussion of long-term care issues (testing, visitation) and forthcoming guidelines
LINK to VIEW