October 23 Press Conference Summary
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 35,939 total positive cases, 6,363 active confirmed cases, 29,136 recovered, 440 deaths
Speakers: Governor Burgum, First Lady Kathryn Helgaas Burgum, Chris Jones – Director ND Department of Health
Focus: Governor Issues Thanksgiving Challenge:
- Lower COVID numbers between now and Thanksgiving
- be conscious of stopping the spread
- All 53 counties have at least one active COVID 19 case
- No changes in county risk levels this week.
- 14-day rolling average infection rate 10.1% / 7-day positively rate 11.3%
- ND completed 799,000 total tests / tested 279,000 individuals
- 2/3 of North Dakotans are affected by underlying health conditions
- The underlying health condition statement will be removed from the COVID related deaths listed in the COVID press releases
- A new school dashboard has been created to show K-12 COVID 19 related information.
- Emergency commission approved the reallocation of $211 million of CARES Act funds from other unutilized sources.
- Budget Section must give final approval, October 28.
- K-12 SCHOOLS - $33 million in new funding
- HOSPITALITY - $29 million in new funding
- HEALTH CARE - $10 million to large referral hospitals
- LAW ENFORCEMENT- $61 million for local payroll support
- ENERGY RESILIENCE - $16 million funding to support jobs
- BUSINESS DEBT RELIEF - $20 million in new funding
- HUMAN SERVICES - $15.8 million for child care, long-term care, behavioral health, rent assistance, and food security
LINK TO VIEW