October 29 Press Conference
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 41,130 total positive cases, 6,771 active confirmed cases, 33,860 recovered, 499 deaths
Speakers: Governor Burgum
Focus: Time to get serious about limiting the spread, increasing risk levels
- Personal responsibility for mitigation efforts to wear masks, physical distancing, and limit large indoor gatherings.
- Weather and holiday season will drive more people indoors which will likely cause a rise in cases.
- Risk Levels
- 21 counties will be increasing in risk level. New risk levels goes into effect October 30 at 5:00 pm.
- 52 of 53 counties have at least one active COVID 19 case
- Dr. Birx visited last week. Wanted to ensure ND continues to focus on finding asymptomatic cases through strategic testing.
- 14-day rolling average infection rate 11.5% / 7-day positively rate 12.0%
- 120,000 BinaxNOW tests coming to ND – 15-minute results. Tests will be prioritized towards long-term care, K-12 staff and higher ed staff.
- Governor believes a vaccine will be available Q1 in 2021
- Budget Section approved the Emergency Commission request to reallocate $211 million of CARES Act funds from other unutilized sources.
- $54 million for an additional Hospitality Economic Resiliency Grant – broader uses than previous ERG (payroll, utilities, rent and technology)
- $20 million for additional funding toward CRP Grants administered by the Bank of ND. Deadline November 30
- Governor urges people to fill-out the childcare survey. Deadline November 1st. www.ndchildcare.org or 800-997-8515
LINK TO VIEW