Applications being accepted for GNDC Board of Directors
GNDC is now accepting applications to join our Board of Directors.
Applicants must submit their resume and address in a cover letter why they are interested in volunteering their time to the GNDC Board of Directors, their business and civic leadership experience and public policy experience. Consideration will be given to geography, industry, and company size to ensure balanced representation and diversity on the board.
Applications are due by August 18 and may be sent to GNDC President & CEO Arik Spencer at email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed by the GNDC Governance committee, which will recommend candidates to the full board for election by the end of September.
If you have any questions, please contact GNDC at 701.222.0929.
The Board of Directors of the Greater North Dakota Chamber formulates broad policies that govern the activities in the best interest of the membership, GNDC Partners, and the entire business community.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Board Members are expected to:
- Make informed decisions by knowing the Chamber’s policy priorities, bylaws, financial reports and other key information
- Serve on a task force, committee of the board or a policy committee and/or encourage others from your company to participate.
- Attend board meetings (4 per year). Repeated absence from Board meetings without valid cause shall require review by the Board chairman and may result in subsequent Board action.
- Attend the Chamber’s major events
- Identify and nominate potential director candidates for consideration
- Accept special assignments designated by the Chair and/or President of the Chamber
- Financially support activities either personally or through the business you represent (PAC, Free Enterprise Fund, Sponsorships)
- Recruit new Chamber members
- Be prepared to support/advocate for the GNDC’s public policy positions.
- Contact your legislators in support of Chamber positions
- Stay informed of Chamber activities and events through Chamber publications
- Treat issues and Board/Committee discussions with integrity and confidentiality.
- Support decisions of the board.
- 3 year term