October 1 Press Conference Summary
Current COVID-19 Case Numbers in North Dakota: 22,218 total positive cases, 3,690 active confirmed cases, 18,272 recovered, 256 deaths
Speakers: Governor Burgum; Kirby Krueger – Department of Health; Molly Howell – Department of Health.
Focus: Change in contact tracing quarantine policy.
- If infected person and close contact were wearing masks. Close contact will not be required to quarantine.
- Infected person will still need to self-isolate.
- Infection Rate: 14-day rolling average infection rate 6.98%
- No changes in county risk levels this week.
- North Dakota is receiving 14,000 rapid test kits. 15 minutes results with 97% accuracy.
- Business Impacts
- State unemployment sits at 5% - 6th in the nation.
- Dept of Commerce ERG success helping build consumer confidence
- Health Impacts
- Governor urges people to wear masks, practice social distancing, and good hygiene.
- Department of Health is urging people to get their FLU shot before Halloween.
- This will free up capacity if a vaccine is ready this winter and FLU symptoms mirror those of COVID-19.
Other issues covered: Upcoming events: Main Street Summit – October 6-7 / Recovery Reinvented – October 28
LINK TO VIEW