The 68th Legislative Assembly will occur in January. It's right around the corner. The laws passed and bills introduced matter as they will guide the state into the future. Legislation can enable business success or impede growth. Prep didn't start this month - it's been going since the last session adjourned.
This GNDC Business Roundtable will look at various perspectives of the upcoming legislative session including preparation until now, priorities, and expectations.
Attendees who want to network with other business leaders or want to learn more about what's coming this session are invited to attend.
8:30: Welcome, Around the Room
8:45: GNDC Legislative Rollout
9:15: Partners Legislative Agenda
- North Dakota School Boards Assoc: Alexis Baxley
- Workforce Development Council: Katie Ralston Howe
- Economic Development Assoc. of North Dakota: Matt Marshall
- TechND: Justin Forde
10:15: Networking Break
10:30: Legislator Perspectives
- Senator Ron Sorvaag
- Senator Tim Mathern
- Representative Josh Boschee
- Representative Don Vigesaa
11:30: Government Agency Priorities
- ND Tax Commissioner: Brian Kroshus
- ND Dept of Commerce: Commissioner Josh Teigen - ND DOT: Deputy Director for Driver Safety Robin Rehborg
- ND Dept of Health & Human Services: Jessica Thomasson, Executive Director - Human Services