This is part 1 in a three-part virtual CEO Roundtable. The series, ND Workforce: A Changing Landscape, breaks down into three sections focusing on different impacts to the workforce - data trends, employment law, and the human element. Given the current situation, to remain safe and also cognizant of people's full schedules, we have slated this upcoming CEO Roundtable to be a virtual series.
June 9 - Part 1
: 30,000ft view of ND's Labor Market
June 16 - Part 2: The Roller-Coaster Ride of Wage and Hour Developments
June 23 - Part 3: Returning to Normal in the Office - Oh, and could someone tell me what that even means?
In one month, COVID-19 took North Dakota's steady economy and careened it down an uncertain path. March's saying "in like a lamb, out like a lion" shifted to "in like a bull, out like a bear" especially when looking at the grim unemployment numbers and oil prices. As businesses implemented furloughs and temporary closings, federal legislation passed that assisted laid-off workers with stimulus checks and state and federal unemployment insurance benefits. March boasted of a 2.7% unemployment rate, continually one of the lowest in the nation. The number of unemployed in North Dakota grew from 10,807 to 37,311 in April, with an unemployment rate of 9.2%.
This interactive session will provide information on current trends that impacts ND's labor market. Jill Berg
, Franchise Owner for Spherion Staffing and Marcia Havens
, Job Service North Dakota will present data on the current situations happening at the local and national levels, which will also be supported by anecdotal narratives. They will also cover information on how employers can be retaining, developing, and potentially attracting workforce to their organizations.
To receive call-in information, attendees must register. Individuals interested in joining GNDC are welcome to attend. An email with call specifics will be sent to the email provided in the registration prior to the call. Webinars will be recorded and members can access them in the future.
- Presenting Sponsor HealthPartners, Matt Nagel
- Marcia Havens - Job Service North Dakota
- North Dakota Labor Market Information | Presentation
- What is it?
- Data JSND produces
- Monthly Indicators: Labor Force, Job Openings, Active Resumes
- Jill Berg - Spherion Staffing
- Leading in Crisis with Data | Presentation
- Salary Competitiveness - Salary Guide - 2019 vs. Q1 results
- Employment is a leading indicator - comparison of 2008/2009 recession to COVID recession
- Importance of aligning your team with your strategy
- Importance of Employee engagement during crisis and uncertainly