Industry Outlook: Retail
Our Industry Outlook Series offers a "behind the scenes" look at specific industries that are impactful to our state's GDP and success. Each session will provide attendees with a guided SWOT analysis conversation among those working day-in and out in the specific arena.
The event will utilize a zoom platform. To receive call-in information, attendees will need to register in advance. Recordings will be made available to members following the event.
- Alissa Adams, COO, West Acres Development, LLC
- Mike Rud, President, North Dakota Retail Association
ALISSA ADAMS serves as the Chief Operating Officer at West Acres Development in Fargo, ND. In her role, Alissa is directly involved in strategy and development, leasing, marketing, general operations and community engagement. She is in her 13th year of service, of which she worked 7 years remotely while living in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Phoenix, Arizona. In 2020, Alissa and her husband Nick, both North Dakota natives, were drawn back to the Fargo area along with their two daughters for its quality of life and business and entrepreneurial-friendly environment. Outside of her role at West Acres, Alissa also works alongside her husband at their company, the Center for Plastic Surgery, where she serves as the Chief Strategy Officer. She and her family enjoy traveling, cooking, embracing the elements of all North Dakota seasons with outdoor activities, and taking in community events.
MIKE RUD is a native North Dakotan. The Rud family has been involved in the retail gas business for the past century. Rud grew up pumping gas, washing car windows and toting cases of oil. He earned a graduate degree in mass communications from NDSU in 1987. Rud spent the next 10 years as a Broadcast journalist before becoming part of the family business in 1997. Rud became President of the North Dakota Petroleum Marketers and North Dakota Retail Association in 2006. His careers have allowed him to make many contacts and establish lasting professional relationships across North Dakota. He thoroughly enjoys representing the petroleum and retail industries. Rud brings a unique perspective to this position, because he’s witnessed first-hand the issues confronting the petroleum, propane and retail industries.
Topics covered by presenters
- Strengths within the retail sector
- Weaknesses that are occurring within the markets
- Opportunities within the industry
- Threats that are limiting growth or obstacles to overcome for better positioning
Who should attend
- Those looking to learn more about what is going on within the specific industry
- Representatives whose organizational success relies on the select industry through partnerships or collaboration
- Individuals within the industry to gain perspective from others that are working within
- Policymakers who are looking to gain more insight into a specific industry
This is part of our Industry Outlook Series. View our events to register for future offerings in this series. Members can request past recordings.
February: Real Estate
June 14: Agriculture
August 9: UAS
October 11: TechnologyIndustry Outlook: Retail
Date and Time
Tuesday Dec 13, 2022
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM CST