Sen Hoeven Business Forum with Federal Partners
DescriptionAs COVID-19 spread throughout the country, policymakers sprang into action at our nation's capital. North Dakota's congressional team worked to ensure the legislation would provide critical support to our state’s families and businesses, and as these programs and policies take effect, they continue their efforts to keep North Dakotans informed and bring local feedback to the administration.
To this end, Senator Hoeven and the Greater North Dakota Chamber are excited to partner to provide a Business Forum webinar to engage with business leaders across the state. Senator Hoeven, who is hosting this event, has extended invitations to key federal agencies, giving attendees the opportunity to hear from those directly responsible for implementing the CARES ACT.
Prior to the call, Senator Hoeven would like to gather input from business leaders. When registering, call attendees will provide answers to five questions to gauge current successes and challenges. This information will help guide the discussion and benefit federal leaders and Senator Hoeven moving forward in further recovery efforts.
These questions are:
Confirmed Federal Agency Partners and Presentation Details
- What is working in regards to new federal response legislation?
- What is not working or creating hardship related to federal response legislation?
- Where are there gaps that should be addressed by federal solutions?
- What is your biggest challenge as a business, right now?
- Can GNDC provide your contact information to Senator Hoeven and other Federal Partners for potential follow-up?
Additional speakers and partners will be updated as confirmed.
- US Department of Labor
- Department response to COVID-19
- New and expanded Unemployment Insurance under CARES Act
- Unemployment Insurance assistance to states under FFCRA
- US Department of the Treasury
- Financial assistance available to businesses via CARES Act, including Main Street Lending Program
- Recovery rebate payments to assist individuals and families
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Assistance available through SBA Loan programs under CARES Act
- Update on implementation/roll-out of SBA Loan Program
- US Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- Agency efforts to support economic development during coronavirus
- Economic Adjustment Assistance (EAA) program, $1.5B in CARES Act
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Update on agency's response work to pandemic
- Information on how FEMA is working with private sector to respond to COVID-19
To receive call-in information, attendees must register as a non-member. A confirmation email with call specifics will be sent to the email provided in the registration prior to the call.