Introducing our innovative monthly Policy Outlooks. These concise 30-45 minute virtual meetings unite subject matter experts, government officials, and businesses to discuss critical topics like business climate, taxes, workforce recruitment, and infrastructure. These sessions will cultivate conversations that shape the future of North Dakota's economy.
- Kelvin Hullet, Kayla Ver Helst - Bank of North Dakota
currently serves as the Senior Vice President of Business Development at the Bank of North Dakota. In his role, Kelvin leads the Bank’s oversight of Legislative directed programs, economic development financing and the student loan division. Prior to BND, Kelvin served as the president of the Bismarck-Mandan Chamber for 13 years.
As the bank’s first Sustainability Officer, KAYLA VER HELST
is leading a diverse team of stakeholders as part of a legislatively directed ESG study to identify trends, laws and policies that impact businesses and industries across the state. When completed, this study will create the foundation for future policy strategies to continue to define North Dakota as a global leader in agriculture and energy. Kayla has over 15 years of experience in various government relations, business development and public affairs roles.
The event will be remote/virtual. To receive call-in information, attendees will need to register in advance.
Topics covered by presenters
- Informed Insights: Experts will dissect current policy issues and program parameters.
- SWOT Analysis: To showcase the opportunities and challenges related to the policy issue
- Interactive Dialogue: Engage in dynamic discussions, ask questions, and challenge the status quo.
Who should attend
- GNDC Policy Council members
- Those looking to learn more about what is going on within the specific policy topic area.
- Members whose organizational success relies on the policy topic
- Individuals with feedback for policy makers on the policy topic
This is part of our monthly Policy Outlook Series. As we prepare for the 2025 Legislative Session, GNDC will use the input from these sessions to guide our Policy Councils and policy position work.
Attend one or all of these events to shape our policy projection for the future.