The GNDC is currently seeking applicants for the Communications Manager position.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to Susan Daou at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your materials to by 5/31/19.
Greater North Dakota Chamber
ATTN: Susan Daou
PO BOX 2639
Bismarck, ND 58502
The Greater North Dakota Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT AND CEO
GENERAL SCOPE OF DUTIES:
The Greater North Dakota Chamber (GNDC) is the largest statewide business advocacy association in North Dakota and works to make our business climate the best in the nation. The Communications Manager will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to carry out the vision, mission, values of the GNDC.
The Communications Manager is responsible for all internal and external communications, supporting GNDC’s member recruitment, retention, and public policy efforts, which includes print, digital, and social media campaigns. The Communications Manager is also the lead team member for coordination of GNDC CEO Roundtable events and Policy Summit. Finally, the Communications Manager, will serve as part of GNDC’s government relations team, supporting the efforts of the President/CEO and the Director of Government Affairs.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set strategic direction, content, design and implement communications through all channels including but not limited to: GNDC website, social media, email marketing, magazine, special publications, news releases, email newsletters, opinion editorials, and membership letters
- Serve as copyeditor for all internal and external communications produced by GNDC.
- Update and maintain GNDC’s website in a timely and effective manner
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs, strategies, and practices.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Write press releases and other media communications to promote GNDC’s services, events, etc.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies, and needs of GNDC to develop public relations strategies that will influence membership opinion or promote ideas and services.
- EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Provide overall coordination for GNDC events
- Secure speakers and venues as needed
- Lead marketing efforts for all events
- Coordinate day of event set-up and preparation for special events, meetings, and presentations
- GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
- Write editorials and articles that support GNDC’s legislative efforts
- Promote GNDC legislative efforts to members and the general public
- Write and deliver testimony to lawmakers, supporting the existing efforts of GNDC’s government affairs team
- Provide a weekly legislative update during the legislative session
- Analyze the responsiveness of communications and provide/identify new communication tools as needed.
- Track member engagement and satisfaction of communication efforts and modify efforts as needed.
- Assist the Membership Director with event sponsorships and publication advertising sale as needed
- OTHER DUTIES
- Manage assigned GNDC Ad Hoc committees, activities, and events
- Assist with the planning of an annual events calendar
- Assist with member recruitment and retention efforts as directed
- Assist with Measure Campaigns
- Meet established deadlines and timely completion of projects and assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRABLE SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Must have knowledge of politics and the legislative process at the state and local level.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must possess Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Graphic design abilities are desired but not required (Adobe Products).
NORMAL WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Generally 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday (though occasionally evening meetings and overnight travel will occur)
- At times longer hours may be necessary to meet member and project needs
- Reliable transportation for use in job
- Valid driver’s license is mandatory
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to travel in state (4-6 days per month on average)
- Job location: 2000 Schafer Street, Bismarck ND
Values: As members of the GNDC staff we value timeliness, honesty, work ethic, deliverables, communication, and team above self in all things GNDC